Ứng dụng học tiếng Anh – App HocHay cho Android & iOS
A. Richard Turner is the European Marketing Manager for a pharmaceutical company. Listen to the first part of the interview and answer these questions.
1. What is very important when you market to doctors?
2. How much time do marketing people usually have with doctors?
3. What are ‘rational’ advantages?
4. What are ’emotional’ advantages?
1. Spending quality time face-to-face with them
2. Five or 10 minutes
3. Why doctors should use this product compared to the ones they’ve been using in the past
4 The benefits of the product for doctors’ patients, and how it will make them have easier lives
B. Richard talks about ‘the regulatory environment’. This is where the authorities have official powers to control the production and safety of drugs. Listen to the second part and complete this audio-script extract.
I think the biggest ………… (1) for us is the regulatory environment. The laws that we need to follow are quite …………(2) – and quite rightly so. We in the pharmaceutical industry have the same interests as the doctor. We want to help ……….. (3) lead better lives.
We have to present the data in a …………(4) and balanced way, not to overstate the advantages of our …………(5). Because we’re trying to develop …………(6) which are consistent across many different countries across Europe … it’s often a challenge …
C. Listen to the third part and say if these statements are true (T) or false (F). Correct the false ones.
1. The key to good marketing is being able to speak directly to patients.
2. Marketing people are gaining from all the benefits of the Internet and new communication methods.
3. Companies are starting to look at using technology such as the iPad when presenting data to doctors.
1. F (They are not allowed to promote products directly to patients.)
2. F (Although they would love to use all the benefits and opportunities that the Internet and the new communication methods offer, they are not able to use them as much as they would like.)
D. Listen to the final part and put these stages in the correct order.
a) Peak sales
b) Clinical trials
c) Present data to the doctor
d) Scientist comes up with an idea
d) b) c) a)